Sunday, December 29, 2002

i asked zhenya of the red elvises recently why he was quitting the band. he sent me this response:



I do remember that I put that on the message board. But things got heavier. I just don't see any point in playing the Red Elvises' music the way we've done it in the past 3 yrs. It became very sloppy, no rehearsals, old songs, same old "wanna get laid -six pack o beer" type of "simple" topics. I think that's over for me; my soul needs something that I could share with people when I get on stage. True words, true feelings, not just a bunch of b.s. Sorry, but it just died for me.



"I Wanna See You Bellydance" was the only song that I really enjoyed playing the most. After Avi left it was pretty much an anti-musical trip; somewhat amusing or whatever, that's all. My new project will be missing the big red balalaika bass and the beer songs but it will say what I wanted to say from the bottom of my heart.



-Zhenya Rock



No comments:

Post a Comment