Saturday, July 19, 2003

I'm sitting here at work (on a Sunday) listening to Bob Dylan- Live 1966 at The Manchester Free Trade Hall (the "Royal Albert Hall" concert). I'm supposed to be studying UniCode so I can start publishing web pages in Japanese, Korean and Chinese. Came in and there were a couple of thick reference manuals on the desk... Last night I watched "Punch-Drunk Love" on video for the first time. Blockbuster let me have it for a whole week, so I'll probably view it a couple more times. Tonight I plan to watch Woody Allen's "Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Sex (But Were Afraid To Ask)" which I havent seen in probably 6 years or so.



The other night some of my Chinese friends introduced me to Sichuan hot pot. For the uninitiated, it's a huge pot of broth with beans, chilis, garlic, ginger, etc. (Chili ingredients in Texas); you place seafood, sausages, assorted vegetables inside the boiling broth and let them cook for a few seconds. Sichuan food being quite spicy, the results are quite literally breath-taking but absolutely delicious. Need a lot of rice and a cold beverage!



Check out Nic Tse's updated site (with lots of cool photos from around the world) at: www.nostalgic.org

No comments:

Post a Comment