Sunday, May 1, 2005

Yaaaaaawwwwwnnnnnnn........hm. 'Xcuse me.

Went to see the Hitchhiker's Guide the other day. Lot better than I expected. Thought it was gonna like, suck. But suck it did not.

I did however worry about the other people in the theater who probably never heard of it and were probably wondering why this was supposed to be amusing. I wonder if Chamorros get British humor? The Vogon ships made everyone ooh and aah, at least, as did the "Heart Of Gold" (the main characters' ship).

I liked actually that there were parts of the movie that Douglas (Adams) wrote specifically for it, and that it was not strictly a by-the-book exercise. John Malkovich was guite interesting. And the guy that played Galactic President Zaphod Beeblebrox had some good lines, especially the "freedom and democracy and all that stuff" and "there are parts of my brain that just aren't presidential material". Good W. impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment